Fitness Center to open July 30
- Per the governor’s mandate, face masks must be worn at all times in the fitness center. No exceptions.
- Must bring your own water bottle and towel.
- Exercise sessions will be 45 minutes with a 15 minute closed cleaning time each hour.
- Patrons can only sign up for 1 cardio OR weight session each day.
- Patrons can sign up for 1 cardio OR weight session AND a swim session in the same day, but not cardio AND weights.
- Each patron will be given a spray bottle and clean towel and required to spray and wipe down the equipment they use throughout their session.
- All patrons must keep 6 ft of physical distance between themselves and other patrons and staff.
- No overhead lifts or squats will be allowed at this time to maintain the safety of our workers and patrons.
- Patrons should schedule their workouts using the fitli app.
- Please read the New Health & Safety Measures for Fitness Facility Use for more details.
Fitness Center Hours
Monday through Friday
6 - 10 am: faculty, staff and students only
10 - 11 am: closed for cleaning
11 am - 1 pm: faculty, staff only
1 - 4 pm: closed
4 pm - 8 pm: faculty, staff and students only
6 am - 9 am: faculty, staff and students only
11 am - 2 pm: faculty, staff and students only
Scheduling Exercise Sessions
With the new state mandated COVID requirements for pool and gym use, the Faculty of Sciences have made some important changes to how our patrons can schedule and plan their exercise session in our fitness facilities. The safety of our faculty, staff, and students is our highest priority and staying compliant with all safety measures is crucial. We have found a scheduling program to allow patrons to schedule their workouts ahead of time rather than show up and hope they’re able to get in. This new scheduling tool will be used to allow all patrons to view facility availability and schedule their exercise sessions in advance. The name of the tool is Fitli and is used by many commercial gyms.
Patrons that have an iPhone can download the Fitli app for scheduling, and patrons with an Android device can use their mobile interface for scheduling. Patrons will search for “BYUH Fitness Center” in Laie, HI to find our schedules. If they mark it as a favorite in the app or online it will be saved on their profile and easy to find the next time they log on. Each patron will need to make an account on Fitli with their email and mobile number so they can receive notifications and reminders about their scheduled fitness sessions. Each patron will need to read and sign a new waiver which includes the new rules we’re adding to make our facilities compliant and safer. Once they’ve signed the waiver, they can add a membership package for unlimited classes to their account. There is no fee for this membership (it’s a formality with the program).
Once a patron schedules an exercise session, it will show up in their calendar in their profile and they can add those to any calendaring program they might use on their phone or computer. They can also opt to receive text or email reminders for their scheduled sessions.
Use Fitli to create an account and schedule exercise sessions for the weight room and cardio room. We have added those workout sessions to the calendar.