Exercise and Sport Science Program
Exercise and Sport Science Program's overall objective is to develop men and women of sound mind, body, and spirit who will have an influence upon society in developing healthy lifestyles of mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical wellness and being. In order to succeed in our mission, the Exercise and Sport Science Program is committed to the following three major goals:
- Instill in each university student, habits and attitudes that will promote a healthy lifestyle and positive self-image.
Prepare Exercise and Sport Science majors who will:
- Have a working knowledge of the vital importance of fitness and wellness and its impact on society.
- Be able to teach motor skills and their application within our culturally diverse environment.
- Develop the skills and values necessary for success professionally and personally.
- Have an understanding of how the Principles and Philosophy of Exercise and Sport Science coincide and complement the Doctrine of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Assist faculty and staff on campus in developing and incorporating a lifestyle of personal health and wellness.